Touken Ranbu：The Musical “Tokyo Kokorooboe”
COVID-19 Prevention Measures and Guidelines for Our Guests
Preparations for these performances are being carried out in accordance with coronavirus safety guidelines established by both the national government and the municipalities where the venues are located. At present, in compliance with the Association of Public Theaters and Halls' "Partial revision of guidelines for preventing the transmission of coronavirus infections in theaters, music halls, etc." (published September 18th) and the Japan Performing Arts Solidarity Network's "Coronavirus Infection Prevention Guidelines for Performing Arts" (published December 2nd), we are taking the utmost care and are striving to ensure the safety and security of visitors, cast, staff, and people involved in the performance.
Please read the following cautionary notices in advance. We appreciate your cooperation.
◆The following procedures are being taken for this performance.
- Infection prevention measures during rehearsals and performances have been fully communicated to all those involved with the performance.
- Inside the theater, all people involved in the production will be wearing masks, except for when they are performing or eating and drinking.
- All people involved with the performance have their temperature taken daily.
- Please note that cancellations may occur if a person involved with the production shows symptoms and is suspected to be infected, even if right before the performance is scheduled to begin.
- People involved with the production are encouraged to frequently wash their hands, sanitize their hands with disinfectant, and sterilize their footwear.
- We will clean and disinfect the theater using alcohol disinfectant and surfactant solutions. In particular, we are putting a strong emphasis on the cleaning of surfaces such as handrails and door handles which frequently come into contact with guests' hands.
- All lobby staff will wear face masks and face shields, as well as gloves when the situation warrants.
- We will try to increase ventilation in the theater as much as possible by opening the audience doors, carry-in entrances, etc. during preparations for the opening and intermissions. Also, certain venues will use an air-conditioning system for added ventilation and airflow.
- In order to reduce crowding at the theater entrance, the theater doors will open 50 minutes to 1 hour before the start of the performance.
- We will inform guests of their recommended entrance time according to their seat locations.
- We will use thermography or contactless thermometers to measure the body temperature of our guests while entering.
- We ask that our guests sanitize their hands and footwear upon entry.
- We have set up hand sanitizer within the theater.
- A nurse will be on duty within the theater for the duration of the performances.
- A distance of at least two meters will be kept between the front row seats and the stage.
- To prevent infections caused by droplets, guests in the front row and in other seating sections designated by concert officials must wear their own mask as well as a face shield that will be given to them at the venue.
- We will work to gather contact information from every guest, so that in the event we receive a request from the government, the municipality where the performance was held, or a public health center, we can provide them with guests' information in order to help prevent the spread of the virus.
- We have implemented a rigorous daily cleaning and disinfecting routine on the stage and all props, etc.
- We will disinfect and clean the dressing room daily with alcohol etc., and try to ventilate it as much as possible.
- We have suspended the distribution and placement of fliers.
- To avoid crowding, we will stagger and regulate guests' exits from the building after the performance.
- There will be no elements of the show that involve audience seats.
◆ Requests to our audience members
We ask that you please refrain from attending the performance if you correspond with any of the following.
A: Please take your temperature prior to visiting the theater. If your temperature is significantly higher than usual (for example, 1°C higher than usual, or a temperature of 37.5°C or higher) or if you are experiencing any of the other following symptoms, please refrain from visiting the theater.
Fever, cough, difficulty breathing, general fatigue or malaise, sore throat, loss of taste and/or smell, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, or other symptoms
B: Guests who, within the past 14 days, have come into contact with people in their family, workplace, or school who are infected or may be infected with coronavirus
C: Guests who have been in Japan for less than 14 days since entering Japan from an area subject to immigration restriction under the Immigration Control Act (this includes Japanese guests. )
Reference: Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare: Q&A regarding the drastic strengthening of border measures
・Regarding the Tokyo triumphant return performances, ticket holders who refrain from attending for the reasons mentioned above, such as poor health, as well as those who refrain from attendance due to the effects of the extended state of emergency, including changes to the start time, are able to request a refund in advance.
*(April 27th, 2021 update)Osaka performances: Ticket refund process details can be found here
*(May 25th, 2021 update)Tokyo Homecoming Show performances: Ticket refund process details can be found here
Furthermore, refunded tickets cannot be resold as same-day ticket vouchers or same day tickets.
For customers who have a ticket but will refrain from visiting the venue for the above reasons, we ask that you consider using the ticket trade resale service 'Tiketore,' which is approved by the organizer, before applying for a refund.
*Time period that tickets can be put up for sale: Until 11:59 p.m., 10 days prior to the performance date
*Only tickets that have already been issued may be put up for sale.
We kindly ask that all guests in the theater fill out the form below with their emergency contact details prior to attending the performance.
We ask that guests with tickets without seating information, such as same-day voucher tickets, to register their information after they receive their ticket that includes the seat number.
Please understand that we will provide the information to health centers or other public agencies as needed if requested to by the national government or local municipality where the venue is located, as may happen in cases where guests have contracted the virus.
Emergency Contact Information Form
We ask for your cooperation in the following points.
- We ask that guests wear masks at all times including during the performance and during the intermission. You will be denied entry if you do not wear a mask or performance officials have deemed that your mask does not provide adequate protection.
- In order to reduce crowding while entering the theater, we have set the following recommended time frames to arrive at the theater.
We ask for your cooperation. Please confirm the floor where your seat is located, which is printed on your ticket.
Tokyo Performance (1): No. 2 and No. 3 Balcony seating: 35 minutes to 1 hour prior to start
Tokyo Performance (2): Arena and No. 1 Balcony seating: 20 to 40 minutes prior to start
Miyagi Performance (1) 3rd to 15th rows: 35 minutes to 1 hour prior to start
Miyagi Performance (2) 16th to 28th rows: 20 to 40 minutes prior to start
Kumamoto Performance (1) 1st floor seats: 35 minutes to 1 hour prior to start
Kumamoto Performance (2) 2nd floor seats: 20 to 40 minutes prior to start
Aichi Performance (1) 1st floor seats: 35 minutes to 1 hour prior to start
Aichi Performance (2) 2nd floor seats: 20 to 40 minutes prior to start
Osaka Performance (1) 1st floor seats: 35 minutes to 1 hour prior to start
Osaka Performance (2) 2nd floor seats: 20 to 40 minutes prior to start
Tokyo Homecoming Performance (1) 1st floor seats: 35 minutes to 1 hour prior to start
Tokyo Homecoming Performance (2) 2nd floor seats: 20 to 40 minutes prior to start
*You may enter the theater outside of the recommended times, but we may impose restrictions.
These times may change due to crowding or weather conditions. Theater staff will provide more detailed guidance on the day of the performance.
Also, we will ask that guests keep a minimum distance of at least one meter from each other when lining up to enter the venue. We may ask guests to line up outside depending on circumstances. Please bring rain gear to protect against the cold and rain (or other sudden changes in weather).
- We will use thermography or contactless thermometers to measure the body temperature of our guests while entering. Please understand that we may remeasure body temperature based on thermography results, and reserve the right to deny entry to anyone with a temperature of above 37.5°C.
- We ask for your cooperation in using hand sanitizer (Please inform the staff if you have any concerns about the usage of hand sanitizer due to hand irritation etc., and in such cases, we will check your ticket after hand washing using liquid soap is confirmed).
- A disinfectant mat will be set up and we ask for your cooperation in disinfecting your footwear.
- Temperature checks and disinfection will be done even immediately prior to the performance and there may be cases where guests will not finish in time for the start of the performance. Due to production circumstances, we may be unable to guide late attendees to their seats. Please allow yourself extra time to arrive at the theater.
- Elevators at venues will not be available to use. Please inform staff if you have difficulty using the stairs.
- Please wash your hands thoroughly. Liquid soap dispensers are set up in the restroom, and alcohol-based hand sanitizer dispensers have been set up throughout the theater for use by guests.
- We ask that you refrain from talking in the theater, including the lobby, during the performance and at all other times as well.
- In order to prevent infections caused by droplets, guests in the front row and in other seating sections designated by concert officials must wear their own mask as well as a face shield that will be given to them at the venue. You may also choose to bring one of your own that is more comfortable for you. However, in the case that such items block the view of other surrounding guests, or are seen to be clearly inferior to the face shields provided by the production company, we may ask you to use the face shields designated by the production company.
- We will not store any baggage. The coin lockers within the theater cannot be used. Please use the coin lockers in nearby transportation facilities, etc.
- We have suspended rentals of cushions and blankets. As we expect that the air conditioning will be unstable due to ventilation requirements, please come to the venue in clothing that will allow you to adjust your temperature easily.
- Eating and drinking in the auditorium is prohibited. - We are prohibiting the consumption of food and drink (even in the lobby), with the exception of water thermoses and plastic bottles with lids.
- The hand dryers in the restroom are not in use. Please bring your own handkerchief.
- Seating for the show in Osaka will not have empty seats around each attendee's seat. Thank you for your understanding.
- A nurse will be on call in the theater at all times. If you feel unwell, please quickly inform the nearest staff member.
- When using the restroom, guests should follow the instructions of staff members and keep social distance while lining up to enter.
- To avoid crowding, we will stagger and regulate exit flow from the building after the performance. Please note that restrooms will not be available after the performance.
- Please note that we are not accepting any gifts, letters, or flowers for the performers.
- We are strictly prohibiting waiting at the door for performers to arrive or exit, and chasing after performers. We may need to refuse entry to individuals who cause a nuisance, including but not limited to the behavior listed above. We ask for your understanding and cooperation so that the cast can perform at their best.
- Please note that we are prohibiting giving and/or exchanging merchandise inside or near the theater.
- We highly recommend that you install the COVID-19 Contact Tracing App (COCOA).
Please see the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare website for details.
Please do not turn off your cell phone during the performance, but turn on Bluetooth so that COCOA, the application for confirming contact with coronavirus, can operate normally, and set it so that no sound or vibration is emitted.
Please turn off Wi-Fi, as it may interfere with the equipment used on stage.
Please shut off any other devices that produce sound beforehand.
- For those attending the Osaka performance, please register with the Osaka COVID-19 Tracing System in addition to the emergency contact form listed above.
There may be further changes or additional measures taken moving forward depending on the coronavirus infection situation and policies issued by the national government or municipalities where the performances will be held.
We realize that these requests will cause inconveniences to our customers, but we ask for your kind understanding and cooperation.