Touken Ranbu：The Musical “Bakumatsu Tenroden”
Our requests for guests regarding the steps we're taking to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus
Preparations for these performances are being carried out in accordance with coronavirus safety guidelines established by the national government and local governments where venues are located. At the present time, we are complying with the National Institute of Public Cultural Institutions' "Partial revision of the guidelines for preventing coronavirus infections in theaters, music halls, etc." (May 25th edition), and the Japan Performing Arts Solidarity Network's "Coronavirus Infection Prevention Guidelines for Stage Performances" to ensure the safety and security of guests, as well as the cast, staff, and others involved in the performance.
Please read the following cautionary notices in advance. We kindly ask for your cooperation regarding these notices.
The following measures will be carried out at these performances.
- Infection prevention measures during rehearsals and performances have been fully communicated to all those involved with the performance.
- All involved with the performance, except the actors during the performance, are required to wear masks at all times, except when eating.
- All people involved with the performance have their temperature taken daily.
- In the event that a person involved with the production is suspected to be infected, please note that there is a possibility that cancellations may occur, even right before the performance if necessary.
- People involved with the production are encouraged to frequently wash their hands, sanitize their hands with disinfectant, and sterilize their footwear.
- We will clean and disinfect the theater using alcohol disinfectant and surfactant solution. In particular, we are putting a strong emphasis on the cleaning of surfaces such as handrails and door handles which frequently come into contact with guests' hands.
- All lobby staff will wear face masks and face shields, as well as gloves when the situation warrants.
- Tickets for this production are sold according to the guidelines provided by the national government and local governments where performances are held, which specify "50% or less of the total theater seating capacity."
The theater will ensure that the building is ventilated as much as possible by opening emergency doors, auditorium doors, and loading doors during the period prior to the audience entering the building, the opening of the doors before the performance, and during intermissions. Also, certain venues will use an air-conditioning system for added ventilation and airflow.
- In order to reduce crowding at the theater entrance, the theater doors will open 45 minutes to 1 hour before the start of the performance.
- We will inform guests of their recommended entrance time according to their seat locations.
- We will use thermography or contactless thermometers to measure the body temperature of our guests while entering.
- We ask that our guests sanitize their hands and footwear upon entry.
- We have set up hand sanitizer within the theater.
- A nurse will be on duty within the theater for the duration of the performances.
- A distance of at least two meters will be kept between the front row seats and the stage.
- Guests in the front row and other seating sections designated by concert officials must wear their own mask as well as a face shield distributed that will be given to them at the venue in order to prevent infections caused by droplets.
- We will try to get the contact information of every guest, so that in the event we receive a request from the government, the prefecture where the performance was held, or a public health center, we can provide them with guests' information in order to help prevent the spread of the virus.
- Merchandise will not be available for sale inside the venue.
- In order to reduce crowding in waiting lines for restrooms, the intermission will be extended to 30 minutes. Air from outside will be ventilated in during the intermission.
- The stage, props, etc. will be coated with an antibacterial agent, and cleaned/disinfected daily.
- Backstage areas will be cleaned and wiped down with alcohol to disinfect each day.
- The backstage area will have additional airflow from fans, etc.
- We have suspended the distribution and placement of fliers.
- We will restrict the exits from the building after the performance to avoid crowding.
- The audience's seating area will not be used in any aspect of the performance.
Requests for guests at the theater
We ask that the following guests refrain from visiting the theater.
A: Please measure your own temperature prior to visiting the theater. We ask that guests with a temperature of above 37.5℃ and those who are experiencing one of the below symptoms refrain from coming to the theater.
Fever, coughing, trouble breathing, general fatigue, sore throat, runny nose/nasal congestion, abnormalities with sense of taste/smell, eye pain, conjunctival congestion, headache, joint/muscle pain, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting
B: Guests who, within the past 14 days, have come into contact with people in their family, workplace, or school who are infected or may be infected with the novel coronavirus
C: Guests who have been in Japan for less than 14 days since entering Japan from an area subject to immigration restriction under the Immigration Control Act (this includes Japanese guests. )
Reference: Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare: Q&A regarding the drastic strengthening of border measures
For performances in Tokyo we will provide refunds to guests who refrain from attending for any of the reasons listed above, such as illness.
*More information about ticket refunds will be made available on the official website at a later date.
*We also make an update on the official website later regarding whether or not refunds will be offered for performances in Fukuoka and Kyoto, as well as the Tokyo homecoming performance.
Furthermore, refunded tickets cannot be resold as same-day ticket vouchers or same day tickets.
Before the refund process starts, guests with tickets who have decided not to attend the theater should consider making their tickets available for sale to others who wish to attend, which can be done via the ticket trading resale site Tiketore. This site is officially endorsed by concert organizers.
*Time period that tickets can be put up for sale: Until 11:59 pm, 10 days prior to the performance date
*Only tickets that have already been issued may be put up for sale.
We ask that guests visiting the theater register their emergency contact information via the form below by the day of performance.
We ask that guests with tickets without seating information, such as same-day voucher tickets, register their information after they receive their ticket that includes the seat number.
Please understand that if one of the guests contracts the virus, or if otherwise necessary, we will provide information to public agencies, such as health centers, when requested by the national government and local government where the venue is located.
Emergency Contact Information Form
We ask for your cooperation with the terms below.
- We ask that guests wear masks at all times including during the performance and during intermission. You will be denied entry if you do not wear a mask or performance officials have deemed that your mask does not provide adequate protection.
- In order to reduce crowding while entering the theater, we have set the following recommended time frames to arrive at the theater. We ask for your cooperation. Please confirm the floor where your seat is located, which is printed on your ticket.
Tokyo Performance (1): 1st floor seating: 25 to 45 minutes prior to start
Tokyo Performance (2): 2nd and 3rd floor seating: 15 to 30 minutes prior to start
Fukuoka Performance (1): 1st floor seating: 35 minutes to 1 hour prior to start
Fukuoka Performance (2): 2nd floor seating: 20 to 40 minutes prior to start
Kyoto Performance (1): 1st floor seating: 25 to 45 minutes prior to start
Kyoto Performance (2): 2nd floor seating: 15 to 30 minutes prior to start
Tokyo Homecoming Performance (1): No. 2 and No. 3 Balcony seating: 35 minutes to 1 hour prior to start
Tokyo Homecoming Performance (2): Arena and No. 1 Balcony seating: 20 to 40 minutes prior to start
*You may enter the theater outside of the recommended times, but we may impose restrictions.
These times may change due to crowding or weather conditions. Theater staff will provide more detailed guidance on the day of the performance.
Also, we will ask that guests keep a minimum distance of at least one meter from each other when lining up to enter the venue. Furthermore, depending on the circumstances, we may ask guests to line up outside. We ask that guests wear appropriate clothing to prevent heatstroke and bring umbrellas, etc. in the case of rain (or sudden change in weather).
- We will use thermography or contactless thermometers to measure the body temperature of our guests while entering. Please understand that we may remeasure body temperature based on thermography results, and reserve the right to deny entry to anyone with a temperature of above 37.5°C.
- We ask for your cooperation in using hand sanitizer (Please inform the staff if you have any concerns about the usage of hand sanitizer due to hand irritation etc., and in such cases, we will check your ticket after hand washing using liquid soap is confirmed).
- A disinfectant mat will be set up and we ask for your cooperation in the disinfection of your footwear.
- Temperature checks and disinfection will be done even immediately prior to the performance and there may be cases where guests will not finish in time for the start of the performance. Due to circumstances related to the production, there will occasions where late attendees will not be guided to their seats. Please allow yourself extra time to arrive at the theater.
- Elevators at venues will not be available to use. Please inform staff if you have difficulty using the stairs.
- Please wash your hands thoroughly. Liquid soap dispensers are set up in the restroom, and alcohol-based hand sanitizer dispensers have been set up throughout the theater for use by guests.
- We ask that you refrain from talking in the theater (including the lobby) during the performance, and at all other times as well.
- Guests in the front row and other seating sections designated by concert officials must wear their own mask as well as a face shield distributed that will be given to them at the venue in order to prevent infections caused by droplets. You may also choose to bring one of your own that is more comfortable for you. However, in the case that such items block the view of other surrounding guests, or are seen to be clearly inferior to the face shields provided by the production company, we may ask you to use the face shields designated by the production company.
- We will not store any baggage. Please use the coin lockers provided at public transit stations, etc.
- We have suspended rentals of cushions and blankets. As we expect that the air conditioning will be unstable due to ventilation, please come to the venue in clothing that will allow you to adjust your temperature easily.
- Eating and drinking in the auditorium is prohibited. - We are prohibiting the consumption of food and drink (even in the lobby), with the exception of water thermoses and plastic bottles with lids.
- The hand dryers in the restroom are not in use. Please bring your own handkerchief.
- The Fukuoka performance and Kitakyushu Soleil Hall have removed their trash cans under guidance to prevent infections at the venue. Please note that restrooms will not be providing paper towels, etc.
- Tickets for this production are sold according to the guidelines provided by the national government and local governments where performances are held, which specify "50% or less of the total seating capacity." In order to maintain distance between guests, guests may not move into empty seats, so please ensure that you are seated in your own seat when viewing the performance.
*The seating block, row, number and seating location printed on the ticket you purchased may differ from the information provided on the venue homepage etc. Please confirm the location of your seat on the day of the performance at the venue (Please understand that we are unable to answer questions about this in advance).
- To guests using the restroom, please follow the instructions of staff to keep distance while lining up to enter.
- A nurse will be on call in the theater at all times. In the case that a guest feels unwell, please ensure that you inform a staff member in an expedient manner.
- We will restrict the exits from the building after the performance to avoid crowding. Please note that restrooms will not be available after the performance.
- Please note that we are not accepting any gifts or letters for the performers.
- We are strictly prohibiting waiting at the door for performers to arrive or exit, and chasing after performers. We ask for your understanding that we may need to ban individuals who cause a nuisance, including but not limited to the behavior listed above. We ask for your understanding and cooperation so that the cast can perform at their best.
- Please note that we are prohibiting giving and/or exchanging merchandise inside or near the theater.
- We highly recommend that you install the COVID-19 Contact-Confirming Application (COCOA).
Please see the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare website for details.
There may be some changes or additional measures taken in the case that there is a change in the coronavirus infection situation or a change in policy by the national government or local government where the performance will be held.
We realize that these requests will cause inconveniences for our guests, but we ask for your understanding and cooperation in these matters.